FIND A JOB
Post A JOB
The Laborers’ Health and Safety Fund of North America is committed both to healthier Laborers and healthier employer bottom lines.
We know that safety conscious and healthy workforce has far less lost work time injuries. Finally, we know that outstanding, long-term health promotion and occupational safety and health programs mean happier, more fulfilling lives for Laborers and their families.
We are dedicated to:
- Enhancing Jobsite health and safety
- Bolstering the health of Laborers and their families
- Strengthening the health benefit services of LIUNA health & welfare funds
- Boosting the competitiveness of LIUNA signatory employers
- Supporting the Laborers’ International Union of North America
The Southern California Laborers Training school is a state-of-the-art training facility that offers a wide variety of construction-related training to Southern California Laborers Union Members.
The Laborers Training & Retraining Trust Fund trains the current and future Journeyman in the construction industry as well as administers the Laborers Apprenticeship, Laborers Cement Mason Apprenticeship and Laborers Landscape & Irrigation Fitter Apprenticeship programs.
These programs are approved by the California Apprenticeship Council (CAC), the California Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) and are federally recognized and accredited by IAS a 3rd party source.
The LIUNA Difference
From pay to training to retirement, LIUNA members live better.
Men and women working in the construction industry see the difference a union makes in every paycheck.
- average wage for a union-worker is $28.08,
- average wage for a non-union worker is $18.10
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Heavy and Highway
- average wage for a union worker is $41.94
- average wage for a non-union worker is $18.93
According to Engineering News Record’s Construction Economics Department.
LIUNA members are safer on the job.
- Members are empowered with the ability to speak out about workplace hazards.
- Members are provided with training in order to recognize potential hazards.
A recent study found that the construction fatality rate in states with high union membership is half that of states with lower union membership.
Workers within a union also have an advantage when it comes to HEALTHCARE and RETIREMENT. The Bureau of Labor Statistics National Compensation Survey reports:
- 85% of union workers have health care insurance which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drugs compared to the 54% of non-union workers
- 76% of union workers have a guaranteed defined-benefit pension plan while only 16% of non-union workers have a pension plan.
Latest News & Updates
Arizona Hiring EventState of Arizona Veteran Hiring Event. Schedule: Thursday, April 28th 2022 9.00 AM - 3.00…
LIUNA Local 1184 Arizona Wage Rates:General Laborer $ 21.93 Concrete Laborer $23.57 Concrete Finisher $26.50 Asphalt Raker $24.43 Pipelayer $25.40…